Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, that didn't last very long, did it?

I've been packing and panicking for the last couple of days. We've also been trying to fit more quintessential San Francisco experiences in.

On Sunday afternoon, we had tea at Samovar. I had a really strong black tea with a matcha brownie.


Mmmmmm....

Elliott had the full on English tea service with a lemon tart, a scone, and a salmon crumpet. And contrary to the picture, he enjoyed it very much.



Except for when I snuck a bite of the lemon tart.

1 comment:

nicole busse said...

that tea service reminds me of granchester...a long, long time ago.

have you read Middlesex by jeffrey eugenides (american expat in berlin!)? im just starting it; my boss gave it to me for my birthday and says its one of her favorite books ever. its also long - 529 pages long to be exact - so it might keep you occupied for those long bus trips to istanbul ;-)